Thursday 14 January 2010

Chocolate Cookies

My sister and my niece (AKA Goldilocks) came to visit today and we decided to make cookies, chocolate of course. I use a recipe from Nigellas' Christmas book.
250g butter
150g caster sugar
40g cocoa
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarb
1tsp baking powder
I like this recipe because I usually have all the ingredients in the cupboard, the recipe in the book has a "Festive Topping" but I don't usually bother with that, they are nice enough without.



Goldilocks had lots of fun mixing, first with a spoon and then with her hands. Then we rolled them into balls, can you tell which ones she did?


I flattened them slightly with a fork and then baked them for 10-15 mins, there was some variation in size for some reason!



The only problem we had was getting her to wait until they were cool, she wanted to try them straight away. We agreed that they were yummy and some were put in a box to take home for Daddy and her big brothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment